List Building Checklist
No matter what you’re selling online, one thing you need to be doing is building a list. That’s because a mailing list is one of your most valuable assets. Even if your traffic sources all dried up, you’d still be okay as long as you had your list.
Even if your products somehow disappeared off the face of the earth, you could still make money as long as you had your list.
So the point is, list building should be a top priority for you. That’s why I’ve developed this checklist so you can be sure you have all the right pieces in place. Take a look…
1, An Enticing Lead Magnet
This could be an ebook, video, app, ecourse or anything else that has the following characteristics:
- It’s easy to deliver. (Typically, a digital download that you deliver automatically through your autoresponder.)
- It’s something your prospects really want. (Hint: do your market research to find out what it is that people really want.)
- It has a high perceived value.
- It solves a specific problem.
- It sells something else on the backend (such as your tripwire product).
2, A Compelling Lead Page
Even though your lead magnet is free, people aren’t going to knock down your door to claim it unless you build its value. That’s why you need to create a lead page that persuades people to fill in your opt-in form.
Keep these tips in mind:
- Be sure your lead page looks polished and professional.
- Lead with your product’s main benefits.
- Arouse curiosity about the lead magnet if possible. (With the idea being that the only way to satisfy that curiosity is by opting in.)
- Offer a call to action to get people opting in.
3, A Reputable Autoresponder
This includes well-established services such as Aweber.com, GetResponse.com, iContact.com and similar.
4, An Initial Autoresponder Sequence
Generally, this multipart sequence should promote your tripwire product. Keep these tips in mind:
- Offer an informational sequence that’s useful (to build good relationships and keep people reading), yet incomplete (which helps you steer people towards paid products).
- Provide a three to a seven-part sequence that’s informative and engaging. Each email should build anticipation for upcoming emails. E.G., “Next time you’ll discover a little-known trick for getting rid of cellulite!”
- Craft benefit-driven, curiosity arousing subject lines to get the open. E.G., “Start a six-figure business for just $47?”
- Use responsive templates/HTML in your emails, as a large number of your subscribers will be reading your message from their mobile phones.
- Track and test your emails. It’s the only way to know what’s really working in terms of email subject lines, sales copy, calls to action, and even the offers themselves.
A Commitment to Maintaining Your List
It does you no good to go through all these steps if you don’t intend to email your list regularly. So, commit to emailing them on at least a weekly basis, and you’ll see your list profits grow!
Checkout this special list building special lifetime offer…
Click Here to discover more